Translate

Sunday, October 20, 2013

carrera de la ciencia

So today I did my first 10k! I woke up at 730 and we (my mom and I) left at about 8 with our neighbor Lola. The race was in Madrid, mainly in the street 'Serrano'. So we were supposed to meet up with rotary people beforehand, but we ended up not finding them. We also didn't get a number or tracker or anything, but whatever. So this race, this race, man, there were like 1000 to 2000 people. Which is why we couldn't find the rotary people. But we started by ourselves and ran about 3k until I saw a couple of my friends. But these girls were cross country runners, so I waited for the other people, who they said were a bit behind them. So I joined them and ran until the 5k mark. Which made me really proud. I've only ever done one 5k before, and I didn't run it all, so I was glad I ran that whole way. So then there was water and stuff and we started walking. I ended up walking with Audrey, one of my close friends, and we were talking and we went to about 5.7k and we saw that people were turning up ahead. Now Audrey also didn't have a number or tracker thing, so we're just like 'we're tired, let's just take a side street and cross over'. So we did. We ended up skipping about 3k. Lol but then we ran and finished with a time of 1 hour 03min. Yay! Haha, after that we waited for the other students and were just like 'yeah we ran the whole thing!'. It was great. Now since we didn't have the numbers, we couldn't get our official time or whatever, or get the tshirts or food that they were handing out (you got it in a bag after you turned in the tracker). But one of the rotary people gave me hers, so that was super nice. So yeah, then we just hung out and talked for a while, then headed home. So overall it was really fun, and I got to see more of Madrid and exercise and yeah, I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment